Last Updated: April 21st, 2021
- the information we collect
- how that information may be used
- with whom it may be shared
- your choices about such uses and disclosures
Meal Train LLC
50 Lakeside Avenue, Box 80
Burlington, VT 05401
The Website offers a service that allows for the creation of a community meal coordination service (a "Meal Train") for a recipient, sending invitations to friends, receiving invitations, booking dates for meal delivery, sending donations and gift cards, and researching etiquette tips and tools, (herein referred to as the "Service" or "Meal Train Service," and together with the Website, collectively, the “Services”).
Information we collect about you
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address and other information that you provide to us. We may also collect information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, image, telephone number, and postal code.
Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information (updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information) about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to your account information or other information we have collected.
- Facebook.com: If you sign in via Facebook, we may obtain your name, basic user profile information, and your email address if you consent to share it.
- Google.com: If you sign in via Google, we may obtain your name, basic user profile information, and your email address if you consent to share it.
- Stripe.com: If you donate to a Meal Train via the Meal Train Donation Feature, the payment is processed by Stripe, our payment partner. We may obtain your email address, IP address and postal code from Stripe, related to the payment transaction.
- Paypal.com: If you purchase a Meal Train product or service using PayPal, we may obtain your name, email, phone, and mailing address from PayPal as required to fulfill the obligations of that purchase.
Collection and sharing of personal information
How Meal Train LLC uses the information you provide
- manage your profile and provide you with customer support
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, the Services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website
- manage our business
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
Sharing within MealTrain.com
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Website.
Meal Train Calendar Creation:
Invitations and Inclusion on the Participant list:
All participants to a Meal Train must be invited by the recipient, organizer, or other participants on a Meal Train. Meal Train LLC will not provide the unique URL upon participant request. Upon being invited, a user can view the Meal Train Calendar, view recipient city, state, and zip code, view any optionally provided information, read Updates, view photos, participate in a Donation Fund (when active), or send a gift card without creating a user account.
If you are invited from within MealTrain.com, book a date, make a donation, or become a registered user, your email will be added to the Participant list for that Meal Train. Nonregistered users will have a truncated version of their email address added to the participant list. Registered users have their First and Last Name displayed.
Inclusion on the participant list enables you to receive updates from the organizer or recipient and receive direct email messages from the organizer, recipient, or other participants. Both registered and non-registered users can manage their communication preferences by clicking on the link at the bottom of most Meal Train generated emails.
If the organizer or recipient books a date on behalf of a registered or non-registered user, the date will display the First and Last name of the other user, the user will be added to the Participant list, and the organizer and recipient can opt for the specific reminder emails.
You can participate in sending a gift card to the recipient without being a registered user. Any links to gift cards on Meal Train direct the user to partner sites where gift cards can be purchased. Gift cards are not sold by Meal Train LLC.
Emailing Other Participants:
You must be a registered user to email other participants. General participants are not able to view email addresses of other general participants. Participants on a specific Meal Train may choose to email other participants through MealTrain.com pertaining to the Meal Train. Should a user opt to directly reply to that email from their email client, their email will become visible to the first sender.
Sharing Outside of MealTrain.com
- Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, email sending and compliance, Donation Fund management, and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Service are used. These third parties have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Website Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website and on the websites of third parties. We may combine non-personally identifiable information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Account changes/deletion and personal information removal
- Registered User Profile Changes (except for account closure) may be done at any time through the Website. Click on the "My Account" link and changing the desired information.
- Meal Train Specific Email Communication Preferences: Both registered and non-registered users can manage their communication preferences by clicking on the link at the bottom of most Meal Train generated emails.
Meal Train Specific Removal:
- Registered Users may delete your name from a Meal Train Participant list by logging into your account and proceeding to the "Dashboard" and selecting the "Remove Me" button. Once you are removed, you will no longer receive communication related to the Meal Train.). You must individually remove your name from each Meal Train you do not wish to participate in.
- Unregistered Users may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting removal from a specific Meal Train. To ensure accuracy, please provide the email address to be removed.
- Account Deletion/Personal Information Removal: You may choose to remove all personal information at any time by submitting a request via the Contact Us form. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our Website, access any of your personal information, and all future events that you have created or scheduled will be cancelled. You can open a new account at any time.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Website. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard internet technology, such as pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, or other activities.
- Information collected by third parties. We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on the Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our Website does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). We may use Google to serve advertisements on the Website. Use the following link to see how Google manages data in its ads products: (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites).
Meal Train is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Notice and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement
If you have a claim of copyright infringement, you must send written notification to the following Designated Agent:
Meal Train LLC,
50 Lakeside Avenue, Box 80
Burlington, VT 05401
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.