Last Updated: May 25th, 2018
- the information we collect
- how that information may be used
- with whom it may be shared
- your choices about such uses and disclosures
Meal Train LLC
47 Caroline Street
Burlington, VT 05401
The Website offers a service that allows for the creation of a community meal coordination service (a "Meal Train") for a recipient, sending invitations to friends, receiving invitations, booking dates for meal delivery, researching Meal Train planning ideas, and researching etiquette tips and tools, (herein referred to as the "Service" or "Meal Train Service," and together with the Website, collectively, the “Services”).
Information we collect about you
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address and other information that you provide to us. We may also collect information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, image, telephone number, and postal code.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information (updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information) about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to your account information or other information we have collected.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member.
- Profile Changes (except for account closure) may be done at any time through the Website. Click on the "My Account" link, and change the desired information.
Account Closure: If you have an online profile with us, you may choose to close your account at any time by submitting a request via the "Contact Us" link on the home page of the Website. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our Website, access any of your personal information, and all future events that you have created or scheduled will be cancelled. You can open a new account at any time.
Removing personal information from a specific Meal Train
- Delete your name from an invitation list: You may delete your name from a Meal Train invitation list by logging into your account and proceeding to the "Dashboard" and selecting the "Remove Me" button. Once your name is removed from the invitation list, it will no longer be accessible to other invitees (unless you are subsequently re-invited to participate in the Meal Train by the organizer or the recipient. Once you are removed, you will no longer receive communication related to the Meal Train.). You must individually remove your name from each Meal Train you do not wish to participate in.
- Cancel a Meal Train: As either the organizer or recipient, you can cancel a Meal Train by first signing into your account and opening the Meal Train. Click the "Make Changes" button followed by the "Delete this Meal Train" button. You will be given the option to notify all Meal Train participants about the cancellation.
Removing personal information from a specific Meal Train
- Cancel a Meal Train: If you are the recipient of a Meal Train, you may request the deletion of the Meal Train by forwarding the "Set-Up Confirmation Email" to email@example.com and requesting that the Meal Train be cancelled. You may also utilize the "Contact Us" page on the Website's home page to request a specific Meal Train be cancelled. Please note that you must include the email address that was listed in the Meal Train "Set-Up Confirmation Email" to ensure accuracy.
- Delete your name from an invitation list: You may request to have your name deleted from a Meal Train invitation list by utilizing the "Contact Us" page on the Website's home page and requesting that your name be removed from a specific Meal Train. Please note that you must include the email address that was listed in the Meal Train "Set-Up Confirmation Email" to ensure accuracy.
Information we collect about others
We may collect and store information about others that you provide to us. If you use our Website to create a Meal Train for others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) or to send invitations or messages through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. We use invitees' contact information to allow them to view, respond to, and comment on your Meal Train invitation.
We may send reminders to invitees, other Meal Train related information, and we may display their email addresses or names to other invitees of the same Meal Train. We also may send post-Meal Train emails to the recipients, organizers, and participants. If you use the reminders feature of the Services, we use the information you provide in your reminders to send it to you and others to whom you have requested it be sent.
Other than as described in this Policy we will not intentionally sell or otherwise disclose invitee contact information you submit to any third party. We may also collect invitees' contact information in order to provide certain services through our Website.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Website. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard internet technology, such as pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, or other activities.
- Information collected by third parties. We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on the Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our Website does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). We may use Google to serve advertisements on the Website. Use the following link to see how Google manages data in its ads products: (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites).
How we use the information you provide
- manage your profile and provide you with customer support;
- to deliver invitations and/or other products and services that you have requested;
- share information you have voluntarily provided about yourself with other registered invitees who have been invited to the Meal Train;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, the Services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other sites;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If you provide us with financial information or payment information in connection with your use of the Services, then we may use that financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made through the Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
Other Users. Invited users and/or those in possession of the unique Meal Train URL will be able to view the personal/contact information of the Meal Train recipient that is included in the specific Meal Train Summary page. In addition, other invitees to a specific Meal Train may choose to email you through Meal Train pertaining to the Service.
- Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Service are used. These third parties have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
- Business partners: When you make purchases through the Website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partnered to offer you products or services. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Website Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website and on the websites of third parties. We may combine non-personally identifiable information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Meal Train is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you have a claim of copyright infringement, you must send written notification to the following Designated Agent:
Meal Train LLC,
47 Caroline Street
Burlington, VT 05401
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.