About this Meal Train Plus
The many caregivers at Vassar Brothers Medical Center are so grateful for the outpouring of support from the community.
One amazing way the community has come out to support us is through food donations. The community’s support is vital during this crisis and we are beyond grateful for it at Vassar Brothers Medical Center. Using Meal Train, we can better organize the community’s expression of gratitude through the donation of nutritious meals. This is also a great way to support local restaurants, which are also working hard in these uncertain times. Our goal is to feed as many staff as possible and to rotate between different units during the daytime and evening shifts.
Together, we will get through this. Let’s make that our promise to one another. We are #VassarStrong.
Please follow these simple instructions:
• Choose a date and time to donate a meal. Each sign up slot is for 1
team/unit of 20 people
• Review the schedule of available dates, contact the restaurant/deli you
wish to order from and confirm they are able to accommodate the
order, place the order.
• Sign up for the day and time slot of your choice and indicate the
restaurant/deli you've ordered from.
• Each sign-up slot is for 1 team/unit of 20 people (the size of an average
nursing unit). You may select as many slots as you choose.
• Keep in mind, some of our employees are vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.
• For safety reasons, meals must come from established restaurants, be
prepared and packaged individually.
• For infection control and social distancing purposes, family-style trays
and pizza cannot be accepted.
• Meals can be delivered by the donor or restaurant for lunch at 11:30 am
and for dinner at 7 pm - please specify your delivery time.
• Someone from the hospitality team will meet the delivery outside the
main entrance of Vassar Brothers Medical Center, 45 Reade Place,
• Donors interested in other ways to give can call Ann Armater at
845-790-9360 or visit www.nuvancehealth.org/coronavirus/givenow