About this Meal Train Plus page
Please email Sara.Schad@luhs.org if you would like to schedule a meal delivery.
At Loyola University Medical Center, our colleagues (including nurses, physicians, patient care techs, housekeepers, food and nutrition workers, etc.) are working around the clock to serve patients in the Emergency Department and Inpatient Units.
Please consider signing up to send a meal to our teams during these extremely challenging times. If you are unable to sponsor a full meal but would still like contribute, we are accepting limited food and beverage donations, as outlined below. All donations will go directly to nurses, physicians, food service workers, and other members of the healthcare teams.
MEAL TRAIN DONATIONS
• Limited hot food or refrigerated food items will be accepted due to temperature control and must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
• To help with infection control, we are unable to accept family-style meals such as pizzas or pasta trays. All meals must be delivered in single-serving containers.
• We are unable to accept “homemade” food items
• For ease of scheduling all meal deliveries, please remember which hospital unit you have signed up to have for and communicate that with the food delivery company.
• As you place your food order, it is imperative that you leave the complete delivery instructions that are noted for the inpatient units or the Emergency Department. We want to support them all. Please help alleviate any confusion by giving the food delivery companies as much information as possible.
• Lunch Deliveries should be scheduled for 12pm.
• Dinner Deliveries should be scheduled for 8pm.
• Please coordinate with the food establishment to deliver food directly to the ED entrance of the hospital OR the main hospital entrance.
**Please specify delivery time at least 24 hours in advance on the Meal Train sign-up so we can alert staff, thank you! **
OTHER FOOD AND BEVERAGE DONATIONS
• Food donations, if not part of the Meal Train, can be dropped off at the NORTH DOORS of Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 S. First Avenue, Maywood, IL during the hours of 7am and 11am, Monday through Friday. Please email Sara.Schad@luhs.org to schedule your delivery.
• We are unable to accept "homemade" food items
• We are able to accept:
o Pre-packaged and single service food items, snacks, chips, cookies and more that can be left at room temperature
o Beverages of any kind – water, sodas, juices and other single service drinks
o Commercially prepared single service food items – healthy snacks and more
On behalf of Loyola Medicine, Thank You for helping take care of our colleagues during these challenging times.