We Need Your Support
Posted Jul 26, 2021 by Lena Lim
Dear friends and families of David and Anne!
Last week we learned that David is entering home hospice care, he is connecting with friends and family and playing music with his musician friends at home. Anne has requested we continue MealTrain till the end of August for Anne to allow her to focus on David's care will be much appreciated.
A couple of notes:
Donations are always helpful, see the donation on this Meal Train page here.
Home made or restaurant takeout meals are both appreciated. Some suggestions in case you are at a loss:
Peninsula Malaysian Cuisine in Minneapolis (closed Tuedays)
Kumar Minneapolis in Apple Valley
Himalayan Restaurant in Minneapolis (closed Mondays)
Indias Spice House in Eden Prairie
Quang in Minneapolis (closed Tuesdays)
Big fan of lightly cooked vegetables - kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, cabbage,okra, squash etc etc
Meat, fish, tofu, legumes, beans and eggs are great
There will be a cooler on delivery days by the front door of Anne & David’s home. Include your name and phone number on the food container
Drop off times for lunch between 11AM-1PM and for dinner between 5-7PM for dinner
The Meal Train platform helps minimize Anne's engagement with details so if you have questions, concerns or need clarification please call or text Lena at 612-876-6933
Thanks again for your act of kindness and generosity during this challenging time for David and Anne!
New meal delivery dates added through July 17
Posted Jul 7, 2021 by Lena Lim
Hi friends and families of David and Anne! We have added a few new dates for meal delivery to the calendar, the food needs is for Anne only as she is preparing David's food according to doctor's guidance. We appreciate the outpouring support and generiousity from this community during this challenging time for David and Anne. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me at 612-876-6933.
Resume Meal Schedule (July 1st to 11th)
Posted Jun 30, 2021 by Lena Lim
Hello friends and families of David and Anne!
We are resuming the meal schedule for July, slots are opened for July 1st to 11th, we will be evaulating food needs in the coming weeks.
Currently, Anne is preparing David's meal according to doctor's recommendation. All the Meal Train delivery is intended for Anne only, please prepare for one person serving only. Per Anne's request, she would like to have more green vegetables this week. Examples of vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, cabbage and mix salad greens.
You are welcomed to bring home made meals for Anne or use Grubhub for meal delivery. For restaurant take outs, here are a few favorite restaurant choices:
- Peninsula Malaysian Cuisine (not open on Tue)
- Himalayan Restaurant
- Tea House in Plymouth
A couple notes:
* There is a cooler with ice by the front door of the house, please label your name and phone number on the food container, along with the meal date that you signed up.
* The Meal Train platform is intended to minimize Anne's engagement with details. Please do not request communication from Anne about meals, we don't want to add to the stress or the number of things to remember or to do. Her meal preferences, drop-off times, and address are all available on the Meal Train site. This communication and the individual emails are a supplemental summary.
* You can always contact me with questions or concerns. I am best reached via text message at 612-876-6933 or you can send e-mail to email@example.com
Thanks again for your generosity and support during this challenging time for David and Anne! Thank you Vidhya for started the Meal Train and rounded up community of supports
Posted Jun 12, 2021 by Vidhya Shanker
Dear friends and family of David and Anne--
Writing to let you know that with the benefit of more time and information to figure out what we'll be facing and needing in the short and long term--some of which Anne highlighted in her Caring Bridge journal entry the other day--we have decided to resume the donation option on Meal Train. We now have a clear purpose for donations! Remember that these donations are distinct from donations to Caring Bridge. The former go directly to David's care (minus some fees) while the latter support this platform that is allowing us to communicate.
We have not yet decided whether to extend meals into July. More on that as we continue to think through it. Remember that if you have volunteered to provide a meal, all the information you need--including preferred meals, restaurants, delivery times, and address--is available on the Meal Train site. I will also send you an message individualized for the week of your slot.
In a journal entry in Caring Bridge, Anne described a few things that she and David could use help with over the next few days/ weeks/ months. Remember that with these donations, we can underwrite expenses that can get in the way of providing timely support.
Feel free to contact me through the Caring Bridge and Meal Train platforms, which go to my email. This is the best way to communicate, because I can track everything in one place. My phone number is also listed, and so you can use it to call or text if necessary, but if you do so, please introduce yourself and provide some context. I am having a hard time deciphering cryptic messages from people I don't know. There are hundreds if not thousands of people engaging between the two platforms. Please acknowledge receipt of my response, as well, or I have no way of knowing what is understood or not.
Thanks again for all your generosity and thanks to David and Anne for including us as part of their healing and recovery!
For all those providing meals
Posted Jun 6, 2021 by Vidhya Shanker
Thank you so kindly for volunteering to contribute a meal during this stressful period!
Everyone who has signed up to provide a meal should have been sent an individual email with instructions specific to the week in which their delivery takes place. I'm communicating this way as well in case anyone hasn't received theirs.
* Meals from now on are for 1 (Anne, lunch AND dinner), as David's will be covered by the hospital this coming week and will be tailored by Anne to his recovery thereafter.
* Anne's preferences are detailed on the Meal Train platform along with the rest of these instructions. They no longer need to be vegetarian.
* Meals for the coming week (June 7-14) should be delivered as of today, as Anne will be in the hospital nearly continuously.
* Meals for next week and thereafter (June 15-28) can be delivered at the times specified on the platform (by 11AM-1PM for lunch and by 5-7PM for dinner)--need not be days in advance.
* There is a cooler with ice at the house for precisely this reason. You can just put your name and number on the container, along with the meal date that you signed up for, and the container in the cooler.
* All of the above is UNLESS you have spoken directly with Anne and made alternative arrangements with her, which of course you are welcome to do.
* HOWEVER, the Meal Train platform is intended to minimize Anne's engagement with details these next few weeks. Please do not request communication from Anne about meals--she will be in the hospital nearly continuously for the next week and helping David recover thereafter. We don't want to add to the stress or the number of things to remember or to do. Her meal preferences, drop-off times, and address are all available on the Meal Train site. This communication and the individual emails are a supplemental summary.
* You can always contact me with questions or concerns. I do screw up--let me know if something is amiss. Please use this platform (which is delivered to my email) as much as possible so that I can keep track. It becomes more difficult if I have to try to track across multiple platforms, e.g., FB Messenger, etc.
Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions/ concerns!