About this Meal Train
Serving a Meal at UKirk Agnes Scott: Helpful Hints
Thank you for your willingness to prepare a meal for UKirk Agnes Scott! Our Sunday night meals are the backbone of our ministry: just like the earliest Christians, it’s around the dinner table that we form our community. Without your support we could not make this ministry happen.
There are a few things you should know to help make your serving a meal for us a little easier:
1. Our Sunday Night meetings take place at the Decatur Presbyterian Church, which is located at 205 Sycamore St, Decatur, GA in downtown Decatur. You can park in our lot, which is behind the building, parking is free just let the parking attendant know you are there for church.
2. Our dinner begins on Sunday Night at 6:30 PM. This means the food will need to arrive at the UKirk Center between 6:00 – 6:15 PM. Lucy Strong, Matt Conner, or one of the student interns should be available to help unload and carry the food. If you’d like to arrive earlier, please just let us know.
3. DPC does have a small kitchen (shared with the Youth group on Sunday nights), so if you need to warm the food up or prepare any food when you arrive, you can. Please just let us know!
4. We typically serve between 10 – 15 college students on a Sunday night, so please be prepared to serve about 15.
5. Our students are not picky eaters—- they’re just grateful to have a free meal. So please, do not feel like you need to prepare something fancy. However, we do have a couple of vegetarians in our community, so please try to provide a vegetarian option if possible.
6. The UKirk Room stays stocked with paper products: cups, plates, napkins and utensils. We usually serve water but feel free to bring drinks if you led by the Spirit.
7. Our meal typically wraps up around 7:30 PM, and we begin our bible study in the same space that we eat. We try to clean up as much as possible before worship begins so that we won’t disrupt worship. You do not have to stay for worship, but please feel free to join us if you’d like. Students will be responsible for cleaning up both before worship begins and after worship ends.
8. We hope you will stay and eat with us as well. We see these meals together as an opportunity not only to grow in our fellowship with one another, but to grow in fellowship with you—- the people of our churches around Decatur who help make our ministry possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Lucy Strong, our campus minister, at 901-359-2889, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support!