About this Meal Train Plus
Our WMCHealth Heroes on the Valhalla campus are working hard to care for patients during the COVID-19 crisis.
We are grateful for the outpouring of kindness from the community to those on the frontlines during this unprecedented time.
By providing meals for our dedicated healthcare workers through Meal Train, you are expressing your gratitude to our healthcare workers and giving them a nutritious meal and a well-deserved break. In addition, your generosity will help local restaurants during these challenging times. We hope to have enough sign-ups to feed 150 staff per meal. Meals will be rotated to staff in patient care areas for the day and night shifts on a pre-set schedule. Special delivery requests to particular areas of the hospital may be considered but we cannot accommodate all requests.
Here is how it works:
• Review the schedule of available dates, contact the restaurant/deli you wish to order from (some suggestions of local establishments are included under the General Instructions section below) and confirm they are able to accommodate the order. Place the order.
• Sign up for a designated day and time slot, and indicate the restaurant/ deli you've ordered from.
• Meal donations in increments of 10 are offered. You may select as many slots as you choose.
• We appreciate salads, and some vegetarian, gluten-free and Kosher options
• For safety reasons, meals must come from established restaurants, be prepared and packaged individually (i.e. brown bags, boxed meals in individual containers).
• To help us practice social distancing and infection control, communal trays and pizza cannot be accepted.
• Meals can be delivered by the donor or restaurant at 11:30 for lunch and 8:00 for dinner. A member of our team will meet the delivery outside of the main entrance of Westchester Medical Center.
• Donors interested in donating water, snacks or other packaged goods may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org