About this Meal Train
This meal train is to help supply food for Edith Espinal and her family while Edith is in Sanctuary. There are two ways to help: first, by preparing a meal, and secondly, by buying a gift card that will be used to purchase groceries.
Addition to instructions: Please, NO FISH. Edith has made some changes to her meal requests. She is asking for meals that include meat (poultry, beef or pork), fruits and vegetables, and salads. She is staying away from beans, spices (like peppers), and foods with a lot of fat. It is best right now for meat to be baked or roasted, not fried.
Gift Card Instructions:
When the church kitchen is available, Edith will be doing her own cooking. The need on these dates is for help purchasing groceries. Edith's family shops at WalMart and Kroger, with WalMart now being the preferred store. If you would like to help by providing groceries, you may donate a gift card from one of these stores. If you are part of the CMC congregation, you may purchase gift cards through the church youth group. If you are not part of CMC, purchase a gift card from one of these stores, directly, and email Jan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will make arrangements to get the gift from you, give you a receipt for it, and deliver it to CMC.
Meal Preparation Instructions:
Edith's family often eats dinner with her, so please plan on making enough for three people in the evening.
They eat a wide variety of healthy food.
1. Please label containers with Edith's name.
2. Please give simple preparation instructions.
3. Please list ingredients (or simply, provide a copy of your recipe).
4. If you can please consider including something Edith might have for breakfast like fruit or a bagel or muffin.
5. First Unitarian Universalist Church is coordinating delivery of these meals. IF YOU ARE MAKING A MEAL, PLEASE DROP OFF BY 11:00 am at the First Unitarian Universalist Church at 93 West Weisheimer Rd, Columbus (off High Street, near Crimson Cup Coffee Shop). NOTE: If you prefer to drop off the meal the evening before, the door at First UU is usually open until 8:30 pm.
6. Occasionally, a class meets in the room outside First UU's kitchen. If the doors leading to the kitchen are closed, please follow the posted signs to the back passageway to the kitchen.
7. If you have containers that you wish to have returned to you, please mark your name on the containers and look for the containers in the UU kitchen.
DIRECTIONS TO FIRST UU: Turn left from Weisheimer into the church parking lot. There will be a bank of doors entering the main church. The far right door is open from 9:00 am through the evening. The kitchen is straight down the hallway on the right. There will be a designated shelf for Edith's food in the refrigerator.
If you have questions or if you can't get into the building, please call Ginnie Vogts at 614-580-7005 or Jan Phillips at 614.886.2166.