Share On Facebook
Top 10 things to consider when participating in a Meal Train
- 1. When dropping off a meal, plan not to stay more than 10-15 minutes. It is best to expect that the recipient is not yet ready to entertain.
- 2. If there are open calendar days after your delivery, make enough for leftovers. Freezable meals are also nice.
- 3. Don’t forget the extras like drinks, condiments, and salad dressing.
- 4. If you are having something delivered (e.g. pizza), make sure to pay and tip in advance.
- 5. If possible, deliver your meal in a recyclable or reusable container.
- 6. Be sure to label any items that you would like returned. Include a large paper bag with your name on it that the recipient can use to store your items until you can coordinate a pick-up date.
- 7. Include clear preparation instructions, i.e. "Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees."
- 8. Consider sharing a link to your recipe in the "Notes" section of your meal booking so the recipient can know the ingredients.
- 9. As a nice added bonus, bring breakfast food for the following morning, such as muffins, bagels, and fruit salad.
- 10. If possible, text the recipient when you are on your way. A little heads up can go a long way.
- Bonus: Add some style to your Meal Train drop off with a printable dinner label.